About Advanced Audiology Consultants
Advanced Audiology Consultants was created by Dr. Dawn W. Heiman to fulfill her dream of offering the highest quality of hearing healthcare in a caring and supportive environment. Our practice is independently owned, and our patients are at the center of everything that we do. Our strong belief is that hearing healthcare can be better than it has been in the past.
Meet our Staff:
Dawn Heiman, Au.D., F-AAA
Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Dawn Heiman attained her Clinical Doctorate in Audiology (AuD) from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry, School of Audiology. She obtained Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pittsburgh and her Master of Science degree in Audiology from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Heiman is a member of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology and the American Academy of Audiology.
Dr. Dawn Heiman has given many lectures on various topics regarding hearing loss, hearing aids, psychosocial aspects of hearing loss, prevention of hearing loss, cochlear implants, and auditory processing disorders to various private and public groups in hospitals and civic organizations in the Philadelphia and Chicago areas. She is a recognized expert in the field of hearing health.
She is a Gold Circle Audiologist for Sensaphonics, meaning she is specially trained to take earmold impressions for musicians to create musician’s custom earmolds and In-ear monitors.
She also loves to teach and supervise audiology students. Dr. Heiman has been a clinical supervisor for audiology students from Temple University, Rutgers University, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, University of Colorado, Salus University, Rush University, and Northwestern University.
Patient Care Coordinator
Lindsey Doherty joined Advanced Audiology Consultants in July 2017 as a Patient Care Coordinate. She comes to us with extensive Customer Service and business experience from the Cake Decorating industry. When not working she enjoys spending time with her family.
Patient Care Coordinator
Tina Murphy joined Advanced Audiology Consultants in December 2017 as a Patient Care Coordinate. She comes to us with extensive Customer Service, Administrative and Reception experience. When not working she enjoys spending time with her family, taking her dog for walks and loves watching sports, especially the NFL season.
How do we strive to improve hearing healthcare?
- We genuinely care about everyone who walks through our door. We want our patients to have a good experience, both today and for years to come. We strive to offer you a pleasant experience at every appointment. From starting your appointment on time to making sure you aren’t rushed at any point, to helping you complete any necessary paperwork, we do everything possible to make your appointment comfortable and convenient. We also devote our time and attention to ensuring that we provide you with an accurate diagnosis and the best treatment, so you can hear well for years to come.
- We offer only high-quality audiology products. We know that your hearing is worth the investment. Having had the chance to thoroughly investigate every brand on the market, we’ve selected only the ones we believe will work well and will be durable. Any product you buy from us should last for years.
- We honor your time. We don’t believe that waiting for extended periods of time for an appointment is acceptable. We schedule plenty of time for each appointment so that we can provide high-quality care without keeping you waiting.
- We are an independent audiology practice. This means that we have no affiliation with any particular hearing aid manufacturer or other company. As audiologists, our only professional duty is to you. We won’t try to sell you any particular brand of hearing product because of financial ties. We simply want the best for you, and our practice thrives when you do.
- We recognize that hearing loss affects the whole family. We believe in helping to reduce stress and improve our patient’s lives. We’ve seen how hearing loss can affect relationships and cause friction within a family. When hearing loss makes conversation difficult, it’s harder to stay connected with those you care about. Family members often crave to restore their connection to the patient. We recognize that by providing our patients with the best audiology treatment plan, we’re also helping families reconnect.
- We know that you’re an individual. We believe that every patient is unique and deserves to be treated as an individual, not just another number. When you visit the office, you receive a warm welcome from the first time you walk through the door. All of our patients are treated like family.